The Big Bang Fair South West brings Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) alive for your students, putting their classroom learning in context and taking them on a journey to discover the STEM careers available to them.
Featuring explosive theatre shows and engaging, immersive activities, the Fair is more than just a great day out; it’s an opportunity to meet some of the South West’s leading scientists, technologists, engineers and mathematicians, and to discover how school subjects can lead to fantastic, rewarding careers.
The event is now full for visitors however we are accepting entries of student projects to the event. A project could be something the students have worked on in class, part of a STEM club or at home. All the students that take part in the competition will have lots of time after judging to visit the interactive fair and see one of the shows before an award ceremony at the end of the day where winners are announced.
To register, visit www.ebp-sw.org/big-bang
The Big Bang Fair South West is about inspiring young people from all backgrounds to study science, technology, engineering and maths. The event will be host to many inspirational scientists and engineers who are there to enthuse the engineers and scientists of the future. There are careers workshops to visit and local and national companies on-hand to give insight into future careers, both nearby and beyond.
Inspire, invigorate and get excited with the Big Bang Fair South West. Here are just some of the things that were on offer last year:
• Showcase your school and students’ best STEM projects through the National Science + Engineering Competition (NSEC).
• Enter lots of other exciting competitions
• Be inspired and entertained by the National Space Academy Mega Class - Space Oddeties
• See host Simon Watt delve deeper into some of the predictions for our future and looks at the science happening right now that might make them a reality.
• Inspire those not yet engaged in STEM.
• Over 85 exciting interactive activity stands in the huge exhibition hall.
We aim to celebrate the achievements of students and the essential contribution of the parents, teachers and guardians who help put their great efforts together.